Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Another Disney trip

Layout done with Jenni Bowlin Studio - Vintage black ledger paper, Lil Davis Designs (printed papers); Sassafrass Lass journaling note; 7 Gypsies red photo turn; Jenni Bowlin Studio Blue label sticker; Hero Arts alpahbets & Stayz-On red ink.

Lily & Ricky with my nephew at Hong Kong Disneyland during the Christmas hols. At 21 this was the first time my nephew saw Disneyland. He loved it! And there they are, waiting for the parade to start. We got really good places to view the Christmas parade - right on the curb!

The first card is done with sei stitches paper and a Club Scrap stamp. I kept it simple because I love the way printed paper looks so realistic and wanted to emphasize the fabric look.
The second card is done with a Magenta stamp. Embossed with Encore Ink & Stampa Rosa filigree EP. Coloured in with photo colouring markers. I do not colour my B&W photos anymore but I love using these delicately tinted pens to colour my cards.


The following video is 10 minutes long. It shows Earthships - a very interesting concept. It has its drawbacks but immense potential in certain areas. I also really like that it uses up tires. I hate tires - especially when they wash up on the beach in front of my home! People still throw tires into the sea thinking that is a solution!!




My friend Michi sent me some photos of really cool products. Great design ideas. Two of these I have decided are 'must haves' and I would like to share them with you!

4 comments:

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

THANK YOU for mentioning my name in your blog, Aparna!!! You ALWAYS share fun stuff with me!!!

Erre54 said...

Ciao Aparna.i tuoi lavori sono sempre splendidi
ciao
Rita

Unknown said...

you make such super designs...and love the shoe-step product. :-)

Art By Wanda said...

Drawers in stairs, that is amazing!! We don't have stairs in this house but it is definitely something to remember. A wonderful layout and beautiful cards!!! I thought it was fabric :-))