Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Stunning Arctic Sunrise

This stunning sunrise over Inglefield Bay in the Northwest of Greenland was captured by seasoned Artic photographers Bryan and Cherry Alexander Photo: BARCROFT MEDIA/BRYAN & CHERRY ALEXANDER


The award winning pair were staying in the Inuit community of Qaanaaq, which is situated 800 miles from the North Pole when the "apocalyptic" loud colouring began. "It was just before dawn, around 10 am, when an Inuit friend of mine whose house I was staying in came to my room and suggested that I take a look at the sky," says Mr Alexander. "I went outside and was immediately stunned by the beautiful and dramatic cloud formation. I just couldn't believe my eyes. I have worked in the Arctic regularly for the past 37 years and I had never seen the sky like it. It looked apocalyptic and like a scene from one of the Lord of the Rings movies."
(Link)

No comments: