Saturday, November 15, 2008

Another reason I am not going into space

... even though everyone has been asking me to accompany them! :-D

I like wine. Sometimes I'll even drink water. But its got to be fizzy and bottled. And I simply will not drink urine - mine or someone else's! I do not care how many millions of dollars are spent cleaning it up! So all those astronauts will just have to do without my company. So there! Their loss!!


As NASA prepared to double the number of astronauts living aboard the International Space Station, nothing did more for crew bonding than a machine being launched aboard the space shuttle Endeavour on Friday. It's a water-recycling device that will process the crew's urine for communal consumption.

"We did blind taste tests of the water," said NASA's Bob Bagdigian, the system's lead engineer. "Nobody had any strong objections. Other than a faint taste of iodine, it is just as refreshing as any other kind of water."

"I've got some in my fridge," he added. "It tastes fine to me."
(Link)

Mark my words though - the way we are wasting water it will not be long before we have to do this also on Earth.

No comments: