Thursday, November 27, 2008

My Heart Hurts

I grew up in Bombay ( it will never be Mumbai for me). Lived there for twenty-one years.

I shall leave the figuring out the 'whys' and the 'hows' to others who understand this stuff better. I do not understand, cannot comprehend, how killing and maiming of innocents can achieve anything. I see people bleeding and dying. I see the city I love in chaos and suffering. And my heart hurts ...

My first ever employment - a real job where I actually got paid good money - was at the Taj hotel. It is a beautiful building, gracious, old, charming, full of works of art. Inside the building a lot of the structure is in wood. It is the preferred hotel for most visitors. It was a lovely place to work. Now I see this grand old building in flames. And my heart hurts ...


IBNLive streaming video

No comments: