Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Bali '97

First layout done with Club Scrap Aromatherapy kit form May 2003. K & Co Chipboard alphas. A gold filigree ribbon. French Curves! design inspired by a very beautiful layout by SB Mozer.

Second layout uses paper by Chatterbox Inc. Heidi Swapp chipboard alphas. Not sure who makes the large chipboard flower. The same coloured with copper / green interference acrylics. Love these paints! Design inspired by a layout seen at the CK Gallery by wifemotherpackhorse.


1997: We went to Bali for Easter. Stayed at the Club Med Nusa Dua. When the kids were small we stayed a lot at Club Meds. We do not do so anymore. Lily was a great favorite with all the Club Med people (what are they called? I forget!). And I had to put in the bad exposure photo because in the good one Lily has her face covered with a balloon! The sand on the beaches at Bali is coarse and not very clean. But we are not complaining!

*******

Two simple cards I did today. I loved how the heart in the first card turned out. I made it with a glue gun and a stick of red glitter glue. When it was dry I stamped and embossed (white EP) the word 'Hugs'. Of course then I had to make the mistake of touching it before the glue had completely cooled and hardened. But the damage was not too bad!

The second card is a sympathy card so I tried to keep it as simple as possible.



********

Scare tactics on a PETA activist. Really cannot figure out what the creature really is. Anyone have any ideas?? A midget dressed up?



I am a huge fan of puzzles & quizzes. And I like logic and mathematics. So here is an explanation of a very common problem presented in a very lucid manner, which I really liked. Hope you find it interesting too.

4 comments:

Maureen said...

LOVE your LO on Bali; your handwriting is lovely.

Thanks for the video on the Monty Hall problem ... very interesting! (and Monty Hall is from my home town!)

Lynn said...

Absolutely love your layouts and cards! Nicely done. I really got a kick out of the math puzzle!

Rori Smith-Koch said...

OMG the scare tactics video had me laughing hysterically, tears rolling down my face! Way too funny!!

Ramie :-) said...

LOVE them all!!!

Ramie