Friday, June 15, 2007

Fun in the Sun!

First layout with Club Scrap Caribbean kit from Feb 2000. Some alpha stamps and Scenic Route chipboard alphas. For the first time, after 7 years of having this kit I finally used the two Sanford water colour pencils to do some doodling!

Second layout uses MOD paper by Autumn Leaves. Alpha rub-ons from EK Success and alpha rubber stamps from CTMH and Hero Arts. Design inspired from layout by lej at the CK Gallery.

Ricky was born in Italy in January. It was freezing so we decided to go to the seaside which was slightly more bracing. We spent almost three months at Bordighera, a beautiful seaside town near the border with France. While I stayed at home taking care of my new born, Lily went to the beach every day with her Nonna and Nonno. She made friends and also managed to catch a horrid bug, which she brought home and promptly gave to her brother!

Needless to say, every time I look at these photos I remember what it is like to have a month old baby and a 3 year old both sick with severe bronchitis. I do not think I ever want to return to this place again. Pity, because the artichokes there are awesome!!


********
Traffic in India!! Yup ... it's like this in most cities. Especially the smaller ones. The following version has its playback speed increased to scare folks even more. You can see the original one here.



And a colour card trick. Very cool - watch the explanation!

5 comments:

Lynn said...

What awesome layouts! Love all the wonderful color and great doodling.

Sherry said...

I love those Layouts!!! Great job! I love the doodling!

Jill said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous layouts!!!!!! Seven years to use watercolor pencils?????????? I love those things, though have never used them on a layout. I guess I'd have to be really careful living somewhere that regularly floods...

I know just what you mean on not wanting to go somewhere that your kids have been sick or injured. My daughter got some non-kid friendly shampoo in her eye in our old bathroom, ended up passing out from the pain & it was a good long while before I could go in that bathroom without feeling horrible. The feeling does go away eventually though, so maybe you'll get your artichokes. :-)

april said...

love what you did with the edge of the scalloped paper

Ramie :-) said...

LOVE the layouts aparna!

Ramie