Wednesday, June 27, 2007

il Nure

First layout done with Club Scrap Outdoors kit from 2000. Heidi Swapp chipboard alphas, sei buttons, tabbed letters, and Art Warehouse and MSE rubber stamps helped complete a layout that I started in 2001. Yes, for me this has to be a record! I started this layout in 2001 and it took me 6 years to complete. The oldest element is little 'stones' corner I created with a technique learnt back then. I remember achy fingers from tearing little rounds and ovals from thick Club Scrap card stock ~ I had to use this piece since I worked so hard on it! The newest element has to be the tab on the side with 'Summer 01' on it. All pulled together today with some stitching and a design from a CK magazine.

So, how long have you sat on a layout? LOL!!

Second layout uses (I'll fill in later - too tired to go down & check supplies now! LOL!) The rub on phrase is from DCWV. Not sure who makes the chipboard flower but it is part of a set in 12 X 12 format. I coloured the flower white and then stamped with inks from CTMH and a Stampendous cube. Design inspired by Ali Edwards.


Ricky testing the waters of the Nure (kind of rhymes with 'Murray') river near our home on a very hot summer afternoon. The water is always ice cold and we have to keep away from the river bed after the rains for fear of flash floods. But that day was perfect in every way!


Lily, pleased as punch with her new 'Minnie Mouse' pyjamas. This was the first Disney outfit she received as a gift and she fell in love with it. She would wear it almost every night. We had to sneak it away for washing. And years later even when she could not fit into it any more, she refused to part with it! Actually Lily is quite the pack rat and does not like getting rid of any of her clothes, but we did have an especially hard time with these PJs.

*******
David Sedaris on Dave Letterman. This clip is 5 minutes long but worth listening to, I think. He is very good!

2 comments:

Lisanna said...

wow, your los are beatiful!!
I have a question! But is your son crazy??? :|
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
LOL

Brook said...

The LOs are lovely. I love the flower on Lilly's. And again, the extra details you addad on Ricky's LO really make the LO pop and add dimension. Your video was too funny! I sent it to my dh. RIFLOLPIMP!