Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Nature Walk

Layout done with Club Scrap Spice of Life kit from October 1999. Designs for both layouts inspired from the current CK magazine. Heidi Swapp chipboard alpha, HOTP fabric sticker (Nature), Magic Mesh, Prima flowers. The second layout uses Sassafrass Lass Tickled Pink papers, Art Warehouse stickers, K & Co rub-ons, MM button & Danelle Johnson epoxy stickers.


November 1998: My mother was visiting Hong Kong. And one day we decided to take a nice long walk along the nature trails of Victoria Peak with some friends. It is well worth visiting but perhaps not with a gaggle of children! LOL!


November 1996: It was a special day at kindergarten. The children were asked to dress up for a play. Lily had to dress like a princess so we went shopping at the local Disney store. Of course we fell in love with the Cinderella dress. I added some white flowers Lily's hair and she looked every inch the princess!

And now for a lesson in Greek Mythology ;-) It is made by malgusto.com which translated loosely means - in bad taste - but I found myself laughing (I grew up with MJ, what can I say?) and amazed at how good the CGs are!



I must mention the inspiration for the little square of magic mesh with the prima flowers. I was reading the current National Geographic. The article about the Virgina Company settling in at Jamestown and all about the Powhatan Indians. Very interesting stuff, I must say. And very different from what I gleaned from the Disney movie.

And there was this photograph of a large square wooden strainer thingy ~ the one archaeologists use to strain artefacts from the soil ~ with all sorts of stuff they had found. And suddenly the idea came to me that I could recreate a similar look with magic mesh. It was the last thought before I nodded off. Reading all these informative articles always puts me to sleep :-)

4 comments:

Jenyfur said...

Beautiful layouts!

Maureen59 said...

I'll bet I'm one of the few who has the Spice of Life Kit. I think it was my first one and then I got City Scape later. The only kit I haven't gotten is the first one.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous layouts!

Ramie :-) said...

LOVE them both! Great layouts!

Ramie