Monday, May 26, 2008

Baking helps Bonding

Nothing is so much fun like rustling up some cookies with the kids! I always have enjoyed cooking (especially sweet stuff) with my children. And I still remember when I was a kid how much I enjoyed making sweetmeats with my mother. We did not bake - no ovens in our home. I think the 'sweet' is more important than 'baking' if you look at this from a more global viewpoint, as is actually doing something with your kids where they look forward to the outcome.




Teaching children how to cook could be the recipe for family happiness, researchers claim. Baking is regarded as great family bonding time, say 59 per cent of Britons. And more than a quarter (27 per cent) say their fondest childhood memories are baking with their parents or grandparents.

A third of those questioned in the survey believe that home bakers make better parents and 85 per cent would like to see their children taught how to cook and bake more in school. (Telegraph)

No comments: