Friday, May 30, 2008

LO: Outward Bound

Last October Ricky went to a camp called Outward Bound Hong Kong. He was going to stay away for a week and I was worried how he would manage, if all would go smoothly. And of course, my worrying was so not necessary - he did very well!

Unlike my daughter, who is very trigger happy with the camera (this presents a different kind of problem - every time she goes anywhere I need to make her an album!), Ricky forgot to take photographs. After some asking around I managed to get these ones from a few friends. Seems like boys his age do not care about taking photos! It is a good thing I took a couple of shots of him when he was leaving, looking so natty in his orange shorts and matching socks ... LOL!



Journaling is by Ricky: I had a lot of fun in my Y6 camp. I did rock climbing which was a lot of work. I also did kayaking which was a lot of fun. Jack was my partner. We got stuck on the rocks. I learned how to build a raft. One day we went camping. We stayed out the whole night. We slept under the stars. Next day we went hiking. Boy was it hard! We hiked for eight hours. I did jetty-jumping. I wore a life jacket and jumped with both feet first into the sea. I did not like it when sea water went into my nose. The cafeteria was great with burgers and fries.

6 comments:

Sue said...

Wonderful layout, Aparna! I love that the journaling is all his own words!!

Jen said...

I love that he did the journaling! Great layout. I LOVE those trees!

Creative Junkie said...

terrific layout, especially because the journaling is in his own words. Sounds like he had a lot of fun!

Michi Michaelson said...

Gee, Aparna . . . you sure get a lot done in one hour!! It takes me hours to accomplish anything myself!!! LOL!!!!! This is such a precious layout with Ricky actually writing the journal in his own words!!! What a priceless memory to his childhood!!!!!!

Wanda H said...

Aparna, I'm so glad you found some art time!!! Your layout is wonderful!!!

Cindy Roland said...

Wonderful!!! His journaling is so sweet and I love those tree accents. Great photos too.