Sunday, June 08, 2008

Keira Knightley, Daniel Day-Lewis in new My Fair Lady

There are some movies that I could always watch a remake 0f. Pride and Prejudice is one (actually any work of Austen's); My Fair Lady is another movie a remake of which I shall not mind seeing. A remake of My Fair Lady will have some big boots to fill - the original won eight Oscars! And Audrey Hepburn is something else ... I'll try to be kind to Keira :-)



Wouldn't it be loverly? Keira Knightley and Daniel Day-Lewis, two of the biggest names in British cinema, are being lined up to star in a film remake of the musical My Fair Lady. The two stars are set to take on the roles of Eliza Doolittle and Henry Higgins, which were given notable treatments by Rex Harrison and Audrey Hepburn in the 1964 Oscar-winning classic.

Knightley the star of Atonement, Pride and Prejudice and the Pirates of the Caribbean films, has already signed up to the project and has begun singing lessons. The producers of the film have put Day-Lewis, the double Oscar-winning star of There Will Be Blood and My Left Foot, at the top of their wish list of actors to play opposite her. (Link)

No comments: