Saturday, May 24, 2008

Edvard Munch's Scream on display again

A painter I find most intriguing, a painting that has me mesmerised. And shocked and railing at gallery officials when it was stolen in 2004! I am happy to know that it is now back on display! For those interested in his paintings, I have added a video of his work set to Rachmaninov. The dark music really sets the mood for these paintings that I can only describe as disquieting.



Edvard Munch's The Scream, damaged by armed robbers who took the masterpiece in 2004, is back on display in a Norwegian museum. The expressionist painting, which has been restored by experts, was recovered in August 2006. It had been damaged when it was pulled out of its frame. It is being shown complete with a damp spot in the lower left hand corner. (BBC)


No comments: